To help maintain a healthy smile, we recommend a consistent a home oral hygiene routine, that includes brushing and flossing twice daily, in combination with regular visits to your dentist for a professional cleaning and dental exam.
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist during your initial dental visit. During your appointment you can expect the following:
- X-Rays: We will take x-rays to help identify any existing or developing dental problems.
- Oral cancer screening: We will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We will examine your gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We will check your teeth for signs of decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: We will help ensure any existing restorations (fillings, crowns, etc.) are in good shape.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Dental cleanings are typically performed by one of our Registered Dental Hygienists. During your appointment you can expect the following:
- Removal of tartar: We will remove hardened plaque attached to the tooth's surface and below the gum line with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: We will remove any plaque build up on the teeth. This can help prevent the bacteria buildup that can lead to inflammation.
- Teeth polishing: We will polish the teeth to remove plaque and tartar build up that may be missed during at home brushing and flossing.
Fluoride is a liquid agent used to help prevent tooth decay. It is naturally present in many foods and water supplies. We may recommend, supplementary fluoride treatment during your appointment.
A sealant is a thin, plastic coating applied to the chewing surface of molars, premolars and any deep tooth grooves protect help the teeth. We may recommended sealants for children or adults as a supplementary aid in cavity prevention.
« Go Back
« Go Back